JZ to 300ZX Z32 Adapter Plate Instructions
JZ to Z32 (300ZX)
Thank you for purchasing the Collins adapters 2JZ/1JZ to 300ZX (Z32) transmission adapter plate. If you purchased just the adapter plate without the flywheel and are looking to get the pilot bearing adapter that is needed to complete the swap, you can find them through the website under the adaptation components tab. We also offer the flywheel for this swap.
This is a guide of things you should do so the engine and transmission go together smoothly:
1. You should purchase the proper transmission bolts from any hardware store that sells metric bolts. If you are using the 300ZX N/A model transmission you will fasten the transmission to the adapter plate with (6) M10x1.5 hex head cap screws of varying length ranging from 30mm to 55mm. The twin-turbo model uses the same size bolts.
2. You need Nissan “pin ball” part number 30537-CD000 installed on the transmission
3. You need Nissan “sleeve clutch” part number 30501-S0284 pressed together.
4. The starter you should use should be out of a 2JZ-GE-GTE motors that has an open face to. This will prevent you from having to remove excess material on the transmission to get the starter to recess into the transmission side. If you want to retain your stock starter you must take a chunk of your 300ZX transmission where the starter sticks out.
5. You must drill out the starter’s tapped holes where the original fasteners thread into the adapter plate. Use a 15/32’’ drill bit to drill out the threads. This is so that the studs that are supplied with the package can pass through the starter if you need to remove the starter with the transmission still in the vehicle.
6. Use red Loctite 242 on all of the threads used in this conversion.
7. Fasten the adapter plate to the engine using the supplied fasteners, nothing that the lower right hand side of the oil pan, there will be will a socket head cap screw that works with certain engines that may not be located on your specific engine.
8. After you get the adapter plate fastened to the engine, place the starter on the motor, and place the short threaded side of the stud going through the starter into the adapter plate.
9. If you ordered the adapter and flywheel combo, torque the flywheel bolts to 56ftlbs, in a stepped format using 20ftlb increments. Red Loctite on the threads.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to call—it’s what we are here for! (803) SWAP-1UZ